Monday 28 February 2011

Double Page Spread Proposal

I intend to create my double page spread to be "like" an interview but instead of the traditional question and respone shown on the DPS I want to create it like a story of the interview. Q does this too and it helps show sophistication by having it written very well and having a lot of writing in the article too. I also intend my DPS to have background information on Lady Gaga to help show the journey of her as an artist which will be linked to her talking about fame.

I think this is relevant to my target audience as my target audience is for mature music lovers between the ages of 18-40 which means most of them will have been well educated and will be able to read in depth articles and will be more interested in what the artists have to say.

My genre is suitable for my target audience as it covers every type of genre in it, pop genre music consists of many different genres within it such as pop rock. This would mean that anyone between the ages of 18-40 should have an interest in the magazine.

I am intending to incorporate my original images into the DPS by planning on having the image go landscape across the two pages. This is because I really like the image and thought it made magazine have an edge to it which is what i wanted. The image also shows sophistication which links back to how I wanted the magazine to be. If I have room I might also add an image that i took when I saw lady gaga live if I think it looks suitable as I want the DPS to be simple but look classy and have that slight edge too. 

I have obtained information for my DPS by looking on the internet about Lady Gaga and also by reading the feautre of Lady Gaga Q did a few years back to gain inspiration. 


Here is part of the Lady Gaga's DPS in Q magazine. 


The visual style I want for the DPS is to look simple but sophisticated and have the same conventional look of an article, I want pops of colour like red to pop out of the DPS and to have quotes to pop out to attract the reader. The style of writing I am intending to use is formal and have some humour in it.


I want my double page spread to show how powerful Lady Gaga is as a women and also her love for her fans and what she does as an artist. The video I took from the concert I went to on the 16th December 2010 shows all of this and helps show my inspiration for my dps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment